Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Making progress

I have been really good sticking to the meal plan each week and now that we are into week 3 it is starting to become a habit. I had a rough day with the kids yesterday and my husband offered to just pick up dinner. Although it was VERY tempting I told him no and I would still cook.

Eating healthy is also very good for my waist line. I have lost 2 inches since I started working out more and eating better.

Here are my meal plans for weeks 4 and 5. I am trying to stay ahead of it and do it when I have time vs feeling rushed because it is almost grocery store day. That is another thing having this meal plan has helped is no random trips to the store which has saved a TON of money.

I print out a template (which I tried to upload but blogger is being weird) every week and put on the fridge. It keeps me on track making sure whatever I need is ready and defrosted and my husband can just read it and see what is planned vs asking me a hundred questions :)

Week 4:

Monday: Buffalo Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Tuesday: Grilled Salmon with Herbs with Cous Cous and veggies
Wednesday: Mexican Pizza
Thursday: Orange Chicken with healthy fried rice
Friday: Ryan has inventory so I am not cooking
Saturday: Penne with Sausage and Peas
Sunday: Beef and Cheddar Sliders with Veggie Straws

Week 5:

Monday: Mexican Grilled Chicken Salad
Tuesday: Grilled Pork Chops with Mango Salsa and Veggies
Wednesday: Mediterranean Chicken with Orzo
Thursday: Edamame and Quinoa Stir Fry
Friday:Cajun Maple Mahi Mahi
Saturday: Jerk-Rubbed London Broil with Sweet Potatoes
Sunday: Loaded Potato Soup and Gourmet Grilled Cheese

I hope these inspire you and help you find some healthy meals to make for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment